Choose what type of materials you want to spray paint this holiday season. If you’re decorating on a budget or you want to make a creative holiday statement, almost anything can be refreshed, revitalized or remade with a dusting of spray paint. Holiday decorating ideas using spray paint include:
- Pinecones – A few pinecones can be covered with metallic spray paint and used to anchor a colorful and festive table centerpiece with natural greenery.
- Artificial wreaths, fruit and trees – Do you have any old and tired-looking wreaths or artificial fruit collecting dust in the attic? Give them new life with sparkly or frosty spray paint.
- Tea lights – Create custom tea lights by painting plain ones to match or complement your interior décor. Place them on mantels, tables and windowsills for added glow and warm ambiance.
- Candlesticks – Old, beaten-up candlesticks can be renewed with a coat of paint to match your new dining table centerpiece.
- Picture frames and mirrors – If you have seasonal artwork you decorate with during the season, consider painting frames for an additional holiday touch. The same goes for an old mirror with a frame that’s seen better days. Touch it up with a coat of metallic gold or silver spray paint.
- Pots and planters – Pots and planters can be turned into perennial holiday favorites in vibrant color(s) of your choice.
- Ornaments – Give a new spin to beaten up or outdated ornaments for your tree.
- Old lamps or light fixtures – Lamps and light fixtures that have seen better days can be modernized with a fresh coat of spray paint.